1of1 Custom Ear Impression Requirements:
The majority of the products we make are custom made to your ears. A mold of your ears (impressions) is required before we can begin production.
We offer complimentary fittings with purchase in LA, NYC, Philadelphia, & San Francisco. Appointment days and times vary by location. View our appointments page for more information.
For those outside of the locations listed above, impression services are offered by audiologists, ENTs and hearing practices. Please call providers in your insured network to inquire about cost and scheduling.
Once you have your impressions, please send them to our Burlingame location with your name and order number. Turnaround time is approximately 4 weeks from when we receive the impressions in our lab to when they ship. Turnaround times are subject to change, especially around the holiday season.
We hold molds on file for 4 years. During that time you can reorder directly from our site. Since our ears continue to grow and change throughout our lifetime, we do require new impressions every 4 years in order to guaranty fit.
Ear Impression Guidelines:
Your audiologist will most likely know how to take good ear impressions, suitable for custom hearing protection and in-ear monitors. Just to be sure, please mention the following requirements and they’ll know exactly what you mean.
- Foam otoblocks are preferred however cotton is acceptable as well
- Ear impressions must not be in the color white, clear or any translucent color
- Mold to be taken up to or beyond second bend in the ear canal – silicone material must reach the otoblock to form full canal detail
- Full canal, concha and helix information on the impressions
- Any bumps or holes in the impressions bigger than 2mm will not be accepted
- 3D ear scans accepted
- We will not accept hand molded ear impressions that have been trimmed or cut down.
Once you have your ear impression molds, please have them sent to our San Francisco Bay Area office with your name and order number. Send to:1of1 Custom
Attn: Order Processing
353 Beach Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
If you have any further queries please contact the 1of1 Custom customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-559-5642.
To learn the process of ear impressions, we recommend the following article – http://www.audiologyonline.com/articles/making-good-ear-impression-setting-15855